Are you currently going through, or thinking about a divorce? You aren’t alone.
Divorce is never easy and is often a roller coaster ride for your emotions. At SDG Law, you get a team of Hudson Valley divorce attorneys fighting for you. We help to keep your emotions separate from the case, so you can put your best foot forward and get the results that will make you happy in the end.
With divorce laws in NYS constantly changing, our experienced Hudson Valley family law team will help you get through the process making sure that your needs are taken seriously from the onset.
Once you decide that divorce is your best option, we can begin to work on a plan that includes:
- Child Support, Child Custody and Visitation Rights
- Understanding how the new tax laws will affect your divorce
- Property Division
- Paternity Disputes and Domestic Abuse
- Orders of protection
There are seven grounds for divorce in New York State:
- Irretrievable breakdown in relationship for a period of at least 6 months
- Cruel and Inhuman Treatment
- Abandonment for one or more years
- Imprisonment for three or more years
- Living apart pursuant to a judgment of separation for one year
- Living apart pursuant to a signed separation agreement for one year
For more information on the above, click here.
Check out some of our blogs and other related media.
Two convenient locations.
With offices in Wappingers Falls and Poughkeepsie, you can easily stop in to meet with your divorce attorney and get the legal advise you need to prepare for your divorce or separation.
1136 Route 9
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
Poughkeepsie Journal Building
85 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 100
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Why Choose SDG Law?
We have worked on all kinds of cases, collaborative, contested, uncontested, high net worth and mediation. At Stenger, Diamond & Glass LLP, we are prepared for anything and are not afraid to take a case to trial to get you the outcome that you deserve. Not every case needs to be litigated, or taken to trial, but you can be sure that you have the right team on your side if it does.