Hi, How Can We Help You?

Judgment Enforcement

Experienced Divorce Attorneys at Stenger, Glass, Hagstrom, Lindars & Iuele LLP

Enforcing Child Support or Visitation Rights In Poughkeepsie and Wappingers Falls

The New York family courts frown on those who willingly violate court orders relating to parenting time or financial support. In fact, there is expedited judgement enforcement process to hold a co-parent or ex-spouse accountable.

If you are not receiving court-ordered support (child support or spousal support), or if the other parent is interfering with your visitation rights, the Wappingers Falls family law attorneys of Stenger, Glass, Hagstrom, Lindars & Iuele LLP, can help you assert your rights. We invite you to contact Stenger, Glass, Hagstrom, Lindars & Iuele LLP today to discuss your remedies and our services in a free phone consultation.

New York Child Support Enforcement Attorneys

We are frequently contacted by parents who are not receiving child support per the court order. The paying parent may be withholding the money, purposely paying late or making the other parent jump through hoops, or underreporting income to shirk support obligations.

We help clients document the violations and file a petition in family court. The fast track judgement enforcement process offers a range of penalties and tools, including garnishment of wages, driver’s license suspension and professional license suspension. For repeated and willful failure to pay child support or alimony, a judge can also invoke jail time.

Hudson Valley Visitation Enforcement Lawyers

If the other parent is interfering with custody and visitation arrangements, we can help clients file a contempt of court petition. Once again, the expedited process commonly forces the noncompliant parent to appear before a family court judge within a short time to answer for his or her actions.

If the parent refuses to allow visitation, repeatedly fails to pick up or drop off the child at the appointed time, or is found to be alienating the child from the co-parent, the court can hold that parent in contempt. Remedies may include attorney’s fees, make-up visitation time, modification or reversal of child custody, and possible jail time.

Free Phone Consultation · We Accept Credit Cards

Our attorneys can advise you of your rights regarding nonpayment of child support or interference with visitation.

Contact Us Today

Schedule a consultation, or send a message to our Divorce Law team and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.